The year 2018 in review:
- New passes added to the database in 2018: 119 (Total now on 816)
- First page (other than the home page) to top 100,000 views: Sani Pass
- Page views for 2018: 763,128
- Number of page views since inception: 4,322,658
- News Letters for the year: 52
- Number of people who read the newsletter in 2018: 18,147
- Number of page views on new passes indexed for 2018: 22,435
- Number of MPSA videos on You Tube: 1314
- Number of YouTube views since 2012: 1,938,134
- You Tube Subscribers: 2,043
*Made the decision to get rid of all Google Ads to enhance viewer enjoyment in a clean and uncluttered format. From 2019 we will only host advertisements from direct MPSA advertisers.
*Migrated our main video hosting platform from YouTube to Vimeo as the quality is much better plus there are no embedded advertisements. We still duplicate all our videos on YouTube for that specific subscriber group.
*Made the decision to institute automatic subscription renewals as a user convenience for all card paying customers.
There is much more to crow about, but the short story is that MPSA has grown in leaps and bounds in 2018. Our plans for 2019 include expanding on the concept of tour type filming trips, where YOU can join us and discover the new passes at the same time that we do. 2019 will also be the year that we will be going full time into the MPSA project. A huge leap of faith, but as we always say ~ Live your dreams.
This week's podcast
Listen to a discussion on SA's Top 12 Tourist Destinations
Featured Pass of the Week:
A winding, steep and muddy gravel pass that winds through the gold bearing mountains of Mpumalanga. Join us as we take you through the twisting corners and explore the pioneering history of this big pass.
* * * * * S H I Y A L O N G U B O P A S S * * * * *
New passes added this week:
Witkophoogte - A moderate gravel pass near Jamestown in the Eastern Cape. (Provisional video)
Botha's Pass - A seriously steep and rough gravel pass in Limpopo close to the Sacred Forest and Lake (Provisional video)
Witpoort - An easy but attractive gravel poort near Willowmore (Provisional video)
Thought for the day: "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence" ~ Helen Keller